- Unless the government spending on higher education doubles, India’s institutions and students therein will remain impoverished. So, government should increase the budget for education sector.
- A systematic, coherent, and transparent approach is needed to determine the suitability of universities to pursue objectives of excellence.
- Government can establish all India educational services which was recommended by the Subramanian committee.
- The scrutiny of universities before starting programs or schools should come down, as they are expected to assume greater responsibility in having self-regulating mechanisms and internal quality assurance systems.
- Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan (RUSA) can prove be a real game changer for higher education in the country.
- Taking inspiration from the Project 5-100 initiative, India could consider empowering 50 of its top universities in every possible manner to seek global excellence