- To enhance people-to-people relations, Nepal and India must resolve contentious issues relating to the border, including the two major areas of dispute at Susta and Kalpani.
- India must respect Nepal’s sovereignty as mutual respect is a key in bilateral relations and India should not meddle in the internal political affairs of Nepal or panic over China’s growing investment in Nepal.
- India needs to finish the infrastructure projects on time for instance Pancheshwar project has been pending for over 20 years now.
- India will have to focus on connectivity as a leverage to increase its strategic influence in the neighbourhood.
- By reviving the Gujral doctrine and India’s willingness to provide non-reciprocal, unilateral, and preferential benefits to its smaller neighbours, the government has signalled intent to position India as a credible and leading power across the region.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
TESTIMONIAL BY UPSC 2017 TOPPER SIDHANT DAS
2017 IAS NIKHIL NIPPANIKAR
- IAS NETWORK UPSC IAS ESSAY EVALUATION INITIATIVE : 21st FEBRUARY TOPICS
- IAS NETWORK UPSC IAS MAINS GS ANSWER EVALUATION INITIATIVE 16th FEBRUARY QUESTIONS
- IAS NETWORK UPSC IAS ESSAY EVALUATION INITIATIVE : 11th FEBRUARY TOPICS
- IAS NETWORK UPSC IAS MAINS GS ANSWER EVALUATION INITIATIVE 1st FEBRUARY QUESTIONS
- IAS NETWORK UPSC IAS ESSAY EVALUATION INITIATIVE : 1st FEBRUARY TOPICS